Friday, July 31, 2009

Index - Putting the story in order

The purpose of this post (since at the time of this writing the blog is grossly out of date) is to organize the "essential story" links into a usable point of entry for anyone who would like to catch up on what the heck has been going on. I suspect I'll keep this post updated as gaps get filled in, which ostensibly will happen at some point. (Stop laughing, you...)

The coverage of time is essentially 2001 until May of 2009, right before I accepted the position at Kenai Peninsula College. The order here is appropriately (if not always literally) chronological.
  • The Wilmachek Bride: covers 2001 until mid-2007. This was my surprise gift to Cathy at our wedding: her maid of honor had asked me to pen a few short paragraphs covering our history, and I had to apologize to her because this is what came out. (And for those who may not have read The Princess Bride in book form, be forewarned that the whole thing is an extended homage; there are a lot of in-jokes that you may miss, even if you have seen the movie.)
  • The story of moving to Alaska is chronologically covered with the January 2009 entries, reading upward in the blog archive widget. Here, I'll distill it a bit to cover the points of greatest interest. First, discovering the opportunity, then the catalyst, then the decision, then the crazy summer, then the logistics and mechanics, and finally the arrival.
  • The story of our wee miss, Sabre Ruth, is told in two parts. Best experience of my life!
  • Initial Sabre pics in three parts.

And that brings us up to date, at least for now. As I get other nuggets finished I'll update this post as well!

No comments: